May 1, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Certified through Guns For Everyone National, USCCA, and the NRA
About this event
This class will introduce the student to the fundamentals of defensive use of a handgun. This is a beginner level course that is designed to take a new shooter to a basic level of competence with a handgun for a defensive encounter.
We will cover:
- The parts and operation of a handgun
- Firearm safety in a defensive situation
- The fundamentals of shooting
- Moving and shooting
- 1 MODERN DEFENSIVE handgun in clean working condition (please no target pistols, heirlooms or other oddball guns)
- Holster (please use a good holster designed for your specific gun, with a good strong belt. If you have questions about holsters, please contact us before the class)
- At least 300 rounds handgun ammunition
- At least 2 extra magazines, preferably 3
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Lunch (we will take a lunch break but there are no restaurants nearby)
- Good shoes (no sandals)
- Clothes appropriate to the season (It’s Southern Colorado, layers are STRONGLY recommended)
- Magazine carrier (belt mounted)
- Knee pads
- The class is approximately 30 minutes southeast of Pueblo Colorado. Exact location and directions will be sent before the class. It takes approximately 90 minutes from Colorado Springs.
This class EXCEEDS Colorado legal requirements for obtaining a Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit. Certificates will be issued after the class for those who need one.
Guns For Everyone is proudly partnered with the United States Concealed Carry Association