This class will introduce the student to the fundamentals of defensive use of a handgun.
You must have completed a Defensive Level 1 handgun course prior to this class. Please email us if you have any questions.
You must be able to safely handle your firearm and be able to safely draw your handgun from your holster.
We will cover:
- The fundamentals of Defensive shooting
- Moving and shooting
- Use of cover
- Communication Skills
- What is beyond in front of your target
- Processing your environment in a Defensive Scenario
- 1 center fire handgun in clean working condition (no .22 or other rimfire)
- Holster (you NEED a good holster designed for your specific gun, PLEASE TEST YOUR GEAR BEFORE YOU COME TO THE CLASS)
- At least 200 rounds handgun ammunition
- At least 2 magazines, preferably 3
- Magazine carrier (belt mounted)
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Lunch (we will take a lunch break but there are no restaurants nearby)
- Good shoes (no sandals)
- Knee pads
Directions to the range will be provided by email during the week before the class. The range is east of Colorado City, CO, 81019